Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gratitude list for 8/10/11


Gratitude List 8/10/11

Dear G-d,

I am grateful:

1)   that I accept this jet-lag sleep pattern for today (awake at 2)
2)   for a conversation with Suki , the wife of my mother’s cousin, who is 91 and lives in “West Palm” and mentally sharp, who tells me things about my ancestors and who said yesterday it was too bad I didn’t live closer as she would take me out to lunch once and a while
3)   for a conversation with the administrator of the synagogue my sister applied to join as she was dying (Temple Beth Shalom in Spokane WA) and my decision to buy 2 plaques in her honor.  The yahrzeit plaque will light each year on the anniversary of her death and special prayers will be said for her.  The inscription I chose for her plaque on the tree of life is, “To my sister Arlene, a loving caregiver.  Love, Karen 2011.”
4)   That this conversation was very emotional and I felt myself making a much deeper amend than the one in the letter I sent in March
5)   That my investing account is close to depletion but not before taking advantage of the falling market to re-purchase stock in a Chinese bank I learned of from my father only 13 cents above its bottom before it started back up
6)   That I watched in horror during a video chat as someone drank a glass of this hideously green liquid but within an hour I decided to join the “green smoothie revolution”
7)   That I moved forward in the revised book proposal yesterday in a relaxed way more free from the negative stranglehold of the last reviewers (well their emphasis was criticism with a lack of appreciation for the creative nonfiction) yet utilizing their valid points
8)    that I moved forward in preparing to teach the new course in writing culture
9)    that I took time to grieve
10)                   that after a few difficult phone calls with “Reservations” at the AMC, I booked an agreed upon 3-day weekend for C and me at the Highland Lodge in Crawford Notch, NH, our favorite place—during fall foliage
11)                   For Your firm support always

No comments:

Post a Comment